Re: Parent/Child Insert ordering (was: Caching problem?)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 21:11:12 EDT

    On Oct 9, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Borut Bolčina wrote:

    > If db row "points" to the same db row then it would be cyclic (for
    > example - someone is his/her own manager), otherwise just
    > reflexive. Is this correct?

    Ok, it is coming back to me... "multi-reflexive" simply means that
    there are multiple different relationships between the rows of the
    same table. So I wouldn't worry about single row pointing to self, as
    it doesn't violate constraints on insert, but say you have R1 and R2
    relationships within the same table (e.g. Category table;
    parentCategory and relatedCategory relationships). There is a chance
    that two or more rows will form a cycle: A -(parentCategory)-> B -
    (relatedCategory)-> A.

    Andrus