Re: Cayenne not taking account of PKs created by external SQL script

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 05:23:57 EDT

    On Oct 19, 2006, at 11:17, Rashid Khan wrote:

    > Is there any way I can make cayenne aware of the records that have
    > been
    > created manually?

    You can update AUTO_PK_SUPPORT or pk sequence created by cayenne. You
    should update this before inserting to grap a block of primary key
    values just as cayenne does.

    Or you could use cayenne to "manually insert" that record.

    > Or better yet, can I get rid of Cayenne Auto PK support completely?

    Take a look at database generated keys. Not all databases and jdbc-
    driver support them.

      - Tore.