Re: Cayenne not taking account of PKs created by external SQL script

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 09:43:17 EDT

    My only addition to this is that you may need to limit the number of
    keys Cayenne caches (by default: 20) to just one. Otherwise, Cayenne
    will assume that block of IDs are valid for use.

    --
    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.

    Tore Halset wrote: > On Oct 19, 2006, at 11:17, Rashid Khan wrote: > >> Is there any way I can make cayenne aware of the records that have been >> created manually? > > You can update AUTO_PK_SUPPORT or pk sequence created by cayenne. You > should update this before inserting to grap a block of primary key > values just as cayenne does. > > Or you could use cayenne to "manually insert" that record. > >> Or better yet, can I get rid of Cayenne Auto PK support completely? > > Take a look at database generated keys. Not all databases and jdbc- > driver support them. > > - Tore. >