Re: wrap up from the software summit

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2006 - 13:23:43 EDT

    Very cool! I suggest that we add an entry about the presentation to
    the Cayenne Wiki news section and link to it from the front page. If
    you need more info on how to do that, please ping me on the dev list.

    > 1) JPA support was high on many folks list of stuff that they
    > wanted to see.

    Yeah, I would imagine that.

    > 2) One of the guys at the show backed up cayenne modeler to his 500
    > + table oracle db and the modeler pulled in all the metadata
    > flawlessly. He was quite impressed!

    > 3) A lot of people still don't get the R/O thing. I was surprised
    > at the # of folks using iBatis to manage complex object graphs and
    > essentially re-implementing the relationship handling code on top
    > of iBatis.

    Interesting. I guess commoditization of Java ORM via EJB3 spec may
    change this. And it is always good to know that there is still a wide
    developer audience out there that is yet to discover the wonders of
    ORM :-)

    Andrus