ROP messaging [Was: Docs and some questions]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2006 - 11:26:37 EST

    I renamed this part of the thread since it is about a different
    thing. Andreas was talking about "traditional" Cayenne applications
    accessing the DB, while Ari is talking about ROP. Things are
    significantly different between the two. If we get deeper into
    technical details here, I also suggest to move it to cayenne-dev list.

    A general note on a possible design of notifications. Whether they
    are used for cache syncing or locking, they shouldn't be tied to a
    particular transport. Transport is already pluggable via
    org.apache.cayenne.event.EventBridge mechanism. Transport (a subclass
    of EventBridge) and messaging logic (what notifications to send and
    how to process incoming notifications) are independent from each other.

    Speaking of transports, Cayenne already supports JMS, JGroups and
    XMPP out of the box (meaning all of them can be plugged into
    EventManager) :

    http://incubator.apache.org/cayenne/2_0/api/cayenne/org/apache/
    cayenne/event/JMSBridge.html
    http://incubator.apache.org/cayenne/2_0/api/cayenne/org/apache/