Re: Persistence and inheritance : a noob question

From: Tomi N/A (hefes..mail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 10:45:43 EST

    2006/12/1, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org>:
    > Performance wise, single-table inheritance is the winner, while
    > multiple table inheritance (vertical usually with one common table
    > and a specific table per class) is the most flexible solution IMO, so
    > both have their uses.

    At the moment, I'm not that concerned about performance: it's more
    that I feel rather limited by the framework, now that I've gotten used
    to doing everything with it. :)
    There will be situations where multitable inheritence will be a
    necessity so I'm trying to plan in advance.

    > Cayenne currently supports the first scenario, and will support the
    > second in 3.0 (haven't tried current composite vertical inheritance
    > workaround myself, so I can't comment on it).

    Is there a due date...or a due week...month...year?

    Cheers,
    t.n.a.