Re : best practice for handling database schema changes

From: Yann Puech (chue..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 10:29:59 EST

    I don't want to receive this email anymore !!! Thanks ! ----- Message d'origine ---- De : Tobias SCHOESSLER <Tobias.Schoessle..nvienna.org> À : cayenne-use..ncubator.apache.org Envoyé le : Jeudi, 30 Novembre 2006, 15h59mn 50s Objet : best practice for handling database schema changes hi, What is the best practice for handling changes to the database schema once a cayenne mapping was created? We use the 'reverse engineer from database' feature to create an initial mapping. But then we usually have to do manual changes like map some pks, add flattened relationships, etc. If then the database schema needs to be changed we usually have a problem as 'reverse engineer from database' overwrites everything. There seems to be the possibility to replace only selected tables but if you do this the relationships are messed up. Is there a way to merge the changes with the current model/mapping? thanks Tobias ___________________________________________________________________________ Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com