types.xml, psql and oid/bytea

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 05:13:49 EST

    Hello.

    I want to try out Slony-I replication solution for PostgreSQL. It
    does not handle oid-blobs, so I must use bytea instead. This is okay
    as my blobs are not that big.

    PostgreSQL has a blob problem.. If the blob in the database are
    bytea, you must use setBytes/getBytes. If it is oid blob, then you
    must use setBlob, getBlob. cayenne ByteArrayType handle this with the
    usingBlob parameter.

    Some time ago, cayenne switched from bytea to oid blob as a default
    blob data type. That was a good choice, but makes replication
    solutions like Slony-I and Sequoia difficult to implement.

    I want to be able to run the PostgresAdapter with bytea as blob type.
    Should I create my own local sublcass of cayenne PostgresAdapter with
    its own types.xml or is there a better way?

      - Tore.