Wanted: performance tuning hints

From: Török Péte (torok..llround.net)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 10:32:31 EDT

    Hello,
    I made a small performance test comparing different Cayenne solutions with JDBC solutions. What I found was that in Insert operations, it is best to use Cayenne data objects (as opposed to raw SQL queries), while for Update and Delete the case is the opposite.
    So for Insert, this worked best for me:

    public void insertRecords(int count) {Date date = new Date();

    for (int index = 1; index <= count; index++) {

    TestData testData = (TestData) context.newObject(TestData.class);

    testData.setName(nextName());

    testData.setDescription(nextDescription());

    testData.setCount(new Integer(count - index));

    testData.setCreated(date);

    if (index % 1000 == 0) {

    context.commitChanges();

    }