Summer of Code 2007

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 09:21:51 EDT

    I overlooked the start of the Google Summer of Code program this
    year, but it is not too late yet for the students and mentors to sign
    up. See the details here:

    http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2007

    Interested Students:

    Summer of Code is a program sponsored by Google that allows students
    to make money while working on open source projects. Cayenne
    participated last year - we mentored three projects. Please read the
    instructions and submit your proposal if you are interested and able
    to contribute to Cayenne.

    It is a good idea to introduce and "sell" your proposal on Cayenne
    dev list, if you want to find a dedicated mentor. I won't speak for
    other potential mentors, only for myself, but from the last year
    experience, I will only sign to mentor a proposal that helps us to
    advance features we are currently working on, such as JPA support. I
    would really hate to see any more wasted effort and abandoned code.
    But again, that's me :-)

    Please feel free to ask questions.

    Cayenne Committers:

    If anybody wants to (and thinks he realistically can) mentor a
    project this year, please sign up asap following the instructions above.

    Andrus