Re: Temporary Objects

From: Peter Karich (peatha..ahoo.de)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 16:19:20 EDT

    > Your second problem (trying to add references to non-persistent
    > objects to a persistent object) is a hard one. If you post what
    > you're trying to do specifically, maybe someone can suggest an
    > alternate design pattern. By default, Cayenne attempts to initialize
    > persistence if it finds a non-persisted object being added to the
    > object graph. Maybe the solution is to construct your non-persisted
    > objects in a "COMMITTED" state so that Cayenne doesn't have issues
    > with them.

    Nothing specifically. I want to use all my TimeInterval's with
    attributes and 2 "toOneTargets" although they are not registered (is
    this *temporary* or is "registered but not commited" *temporary*?)
    My workaround is to collect all not registered objects in a list and
    register them. Before commiting I unregister them.

    Peter.