Cayenne -- Apache automatic deploy problem

From: Marc Gabriel-Willem (marc.gabriel-wille..ide-international.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 08:46:05 EDT

    Hi,

    Sorry to repost that question, but I was not properly register to the
    mailing list, so I was unable to reply properly.

    I'm using Cayenne (2.0.2) with the apache web server (5.5.20) and I'm
    facing to the following problem.

    When apache does an automatic deploy, all objects are serialized /
    deserialized without any error.

    But after that, when the code accesses a cayenne persistent object
    (member variable of a jsf backing bean), the following problem occurs:

            at
    org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.interceptPaginatedQuery
    (DataContextQueryAction.java:91)

            at
    org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.execute(DataContextQuer
    yAction.java:50)

            at
    org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1387)

            at
    org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:1376
    )

            at
    org.apache.cayenne.access.ToManyList.resolvedObjectList(ToManyList.java:
    307)

            at
    org.apache.cayenne.access.ToManyList.size(ToManyList.java:260)

            at
    com.sideinternational.web.profiling.group.GroupEditor.save(GroupEditor.j
    ava:246)

            at
    a:39)

            at
    Impl.java:25)

            at
    org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:13
    2)

    For information, the following code throws that exception (the call to
    the size() method) :

    List itemsToRemove = m_editableGroup.getGroupContentArray();

          for (int i=0; i < itemsToRemove.size(); i++)

    Note: Child data context and ObjectEntities are stored in a serializable
    jsf backing bean.

    Thank you for your help.

    Marc Gabriel