commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?

From: jerome moliere (jerome.molier..mail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 11:35:08 EDT

    Hi all,

    I'm doing a proof of concepts of several tricky usage from orm , one of the
    2 implementations is Cayenne...
    I've one scenario where 3 process (stand-alone Java applications) use the
    same table on db and communicate via Tibco rendez vous...
    It works fine with Hibernate, but I 've got several problems with cayenne...
    latest one is while updating one object in one of these applications,
    invoking commitChanges() on my context, nothing happens..
    the query logger shows me a trans begin, the right update query but this
    transaction is never committed
    strange isn't it ?
    This is the output (excerpt )from my process trying to update one entity:

    [java] INFO QueryLogger - +++ Connecting: SUCCESS.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - --- transaction started.
         [java] INFO DbAdapterFactoryChain - DB name: Adaptive Server
    Enterprise
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - Detected and installed adapter:
    org.apache.cayenne.dba.sybase.SybaseAdapter
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - SELECT t0.AggregationCurrency,
    t0.AllowFixing, t0.FixingAskSpread, t0.FixingBidSpread, t0.IsIslamic,
    t0.IsLocal, t0.OISRoundingConv, t0.Currencies_Id FROM dbo.CurrenciesLocT t0
    WHERE t0.Currencies_Id = ? [bind: 105] - prepared in 37 ms.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - === returned 1 row. - took 71 ms.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - +++ transaction committed.
         [java] INFO CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - before update isIslamicChar set
    to = Y
         [java] INFO CayenneCurrencyDAOImpl - after update this filed is now
    set to = N
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - --- will run 1 query.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - --- transaction started.
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - UPDATE dbo.CurrenciesLocT SET IsIslamic = ?
    WHERE Currencies_Id = ?
         [java] INFO QueryLogger - [bind: 'N', 105]

    druid shows me that the tranaction is never committed, like one of the other
    applications lauching as a daemon a query on this table (does not show any
    update because there are not..)

    Any clue ?
    cheers
    jerome