Re: Cayenne web application tutorial

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 10:04:58 EDT

    I haven't tried out Click (yet), but if it looks interesting to you,
    definitely give it a shot since they are including Cayenne support as part
    of the out-of-the-box experience.

    I've used Cayenne inside Tapestry apps and it'll work there, too, but I
    wouldn't call it seamless. Especially with the newer Tapestry 4.x releases
    where it wants to serialize your Cayenne DataObjects into the HTML it
    renders as HIDDEN form elements. This causes deserialization errors. If
    you go the suggested route of using a DataSqueezer, you'll be OK. Both of
    these options, though, introduce security concerns. As does including the
    primary key as part of the form data. I'm not sure how Click handles these
    issues, but with Tapestry, you have to be careful to not expose internal
    data if you care about security. (Never trust the user to send you the
    "correct" HTML back to the server -- I can edit the FORM data in my browser
    and change PKs/etc and mess you up.)

    /dev/mrg