Re: Temporary Objects

From: peter karich (peatha..ahoo.de)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 10:41:50 EDT

    Hallo Mike,

    thank you for your reply.

    > I don't think you're going to find a good solution
    > to this problem.
    It's a pity...

    > Here's one thing you can try, though.
    > Keep in your Entity classes two lists of objects.
    > Add a second
    > "non-persistent" list for managing your
    > non-persistent objects in
    > addition to the standard one for persistent objects.
    > Then change
    > your accessors so that they merge both lists and
    > return that as the
    > result.
    >
    > Thus, your app will see the merged list, but the
    > Cayenne layer would
    > only see the persistent object lists.
    Sorry, I can't follow the whole of your explanation.
    I understand that I would need merging of persistent
    and nonpersistent objects.
    But the problem is, that I have to do the following:
    persistentObj.addToManyTarget(nonpersistentObj,
    "misc", false);
    and
    nonpersistentObj.setToOneTarget(persistentObj, "misc",
    false);

    I have to think about it again,
    Peter Karich.