Re: Cayenne web application tutorial

From: Robert Zeigler (robert..uregumption.com)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 09:53:30 EDT

    So, I currently work around this issue by validating server-side that
    the user has the appropriate permissions to edit the object[s] that
    came back with the request. However, I[ve been thinking for awhile
    now of extending my existing squeeze adapter implementation (the one
    on Tassel) to address security concerns like this. One possibility
    would be to use some sort of hashing mechanism, as mentioned by
    Peter. Another possibility (which is something I'm leaning towards)
    is to allow for some sort of "security manager", where the squeeze
    adapter can "re-inflate" the object, then hand it off to the security
    manager for inspection to make sure that the user responsible for the
    current request has permission to access the object. Thoughts/comments?

    Robert