Re: Error: Parameter #1 has not been set

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 01:45:41 EDT

    On May 9, 2007, at 11:32 PM, Alejandro Daniel Toffetti wrote:

    > I'm getting lots of "incompatible types" errors in
    > sentences such as:
    >
    > List rows = context.performQuery(query);

    I have very little experience with NetBeans, but something tells me
    this is about JDK 1.5 generics. Essentially the problem is that
    Cayenne framework can't use generics because it has to support JDK
    1.4, while most IDEs totally unreasonably complain about that.

    The point is that generics use is optional in Java, and this is not
    an *error*, in a sense that such code will compile and run fine under
    JDK 1.5. In Eclipse (another popular IDE), this type of situation is
    reported as a *warning* (and can be turned off completely). So you
    have two choices - (1) figure out how to configure NetBeans to stop
    treating it as an error or (2) just ignore it.

    Andrus