Java Persistence API and o/r mapping metadata in JEE5 versus Cayenne?

From: medips (medip..ac.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2007 - 16:59:02 EDT

    I'm a newbie in JEE5 and Cayenne but developed with WebObjects from
    2002 to 2005.
    At first by reading the Java EE 5 Tutorial it appears that using
    annotations and other facilities it is easy to set up the object/
    relational mapping in JEE5. So I would get a better picture to
    compare Cayenne with the standard JEE5 technology (which includes the
    Persistence API, the query language, Object/relational mapping
    metadata). Is Cayenne another way to do the mapping? Is the existance
    of Cayenne due to the lack of the current JEE5 facilities at start of
    the Cayenne project? What are the advantages and disadvantages of
    both methods?
    Thanks to all the experts of both approaches!