Re: UTF8 problem

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2007 - 13:32:43 EDT

    I still suspect that this is a JDBC or MySQL problem, not Cayenne.
    Here is another URL parameter you may try: "useUnicode=true". Also
    you may want to doublecheck whether database was configured to
    support UTF-8. Enter "mysql" prompt and do something like this:

    > use mydb;
    > status;

    This should print a bunch of info, including this:

    Server characterset: utf-8
    Db characterset: utf-8
    Client characterset: utf-8
    Conn. characterset: utf-8

    If it prints anything other than utf-8, you may need to recreate the
    DB with an appropriate charset.

    Andrus