Re: performing count

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 10:06:23 EDT

    Putting it in DataObjectUtils doesn't seem the right place to me.
    Using your example:

    DataObjectUtils.objectForQuery(...)

    returns a DataObject (which makes sense to me, being packaged in
    DataObjectUtils). Something that returns an int, which can't even be
    converted into a DataObject, doesn't feel like it should be in
    DataObjectUtils.

    Just my opinion.

    I liked Lachlan mentioning..vg/etc, too. I had mostly forgotten
    about those operations in EOF. I'm not intending to side-track the
    count topic, but I also think we need the ability to handle something
    like employee.readNestedProperty("manager.employees.fullName") which
    EOF can handle (you'd get a list of strings).

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg