Re: transaction for select queries

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 10:54:19 EDT

    On Jun 8, 2007, at 5:38 PM, Tobias SCHOESSLER wrote:
    > Why is cayenne surrounding non altering queries with transactions?

    Query is an abstract concept in Cayenne and generally only the user
    knows which query does change the data and which does not.

    > We have a setup using a sequoia database cluster in which any
    > transaction uses resources. Is there a way to configure cayenne to
    > only commit altering transactions?

    A number of custom solutions are possible, ranging from a DataSource
    (and Connection) wrapper to a commit interceptor down the Cayenne
    stack that works in conjunction with TransactionDelegate [1].
    Although I would suggest to investigate if there is a sequoia
    solution to that first.

    Andrus

    [1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/understanding-transactions.html