Re: paged query slow when fetching big lists

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 03:47:02 EDT

    You need to use a profiler. You can try an evaluation version of
    YourKit for example. It has a nice Eclipse plugin, so you can profile
    straight from Eclipse:

        http://www.yourkit.com/

    (wonder if ASF has a free open source license for YourKit?
    ObjectStyle does - it was granted to Cayenne project in the past).

    I think we can probably optimize ID Map creation by storing the
    values in an Object[] instead of a Map, but we do profile data to
    tell whether it is even a bottleneck (and not the ResultSet reading
    for instance).

    Andrus