Re: paged query slow when fetching big lists

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 17:18:28 EDT

    On Jun 27, 2007, at 6:38 AM, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:

    > There is one but: fix does work only for queries executed on
    > server, when I executed the query on (ROP) client, the query takes
    > the same amount of time ! Is it possible that the remote calls are
    > using a different constructor ? or maybe the
    > isFetchingCustomAttributes() returns true for 'remote'
    > SelectQueries, and therefore the constructor works as before ?

    Doh! Yeah, I found the reason - client wraps paginated SelectQuery in
    a IncrementalQuery wrapper (needed for server-side caching), and the
    optimization code inside IncrementalFaultList is hardcoded to look
    for SelectQuery. I don't have an immediate solution - I have to think
    about it a bit, and test a few possibilities. But at least we've
    identified the problem.

    Andrus