Re: getting started

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 06:10:47 EDT

    You don't have to remove the GNU Java, just install Sun Java
    somewhere and make sure that all the executables from Sun JDK are in
    the path. I usually do it with the "alternatives" command. E.g.
    (assuming Sun JDK is installed under /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_10/):

    alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_10/
    bin/java 1
    alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_10/
    bin/javac 1
    alternatives --install /usr/bin/jar jar /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_10/bin/
    jar 1
    alternatives --install /opt/java java-home /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_10 1

    Haven't used Core 7 yet, but I assume the configuration steps above
    should work as well.

    Andrus