ConfigurationException

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2007 - 17:39:00 EDT

    I have been converting a JSP project from JDBC to Cayenne for the
    last few days. Everything has been going incredibly well: I used
    CayenneModeler to convert my database and create Java classes. I
    stored the configuration files in WEB-INF and everything has been
    going great. I verified that the JSP was integrated with Cayenne,
    Tomcat, & MySQL. I started experimenting with storing the DataContext
    with the session and at some point Cayenne reported problems. So I
    reverted back to the archived project that was working and now that
    does not work anymore.

    I wrote an app that does not use JSP and it has no problems.

    I *suspect* that it might have something to do with the DataModeler
    config files and Tomcat being out of sync but I am a bit unsure with
    how to move forward with my testing.

    The trigger line in my JSP file is:
            DataContext dataContext = DataContext.createDataContext();

    The current error reported by Tomcat is:

    org.apache.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.2.0.3 May 6 2007] Error
    during Configuration initialization. [v.2.0.3 May 6 2007]
    [org.apache.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration] : Domain configuration
    file "cayenne.xml" is not found.
            org.apache.cayenne.conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration
    (Configuration.java:285)
            org.apache.cayenne.conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration
    (Configuration.java:258)
            org.apache.cayenne.conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration
    (Configuration.java:239)
            org.apache.cayenne.conf.Configuration.getSharedConfiguration
    (Configuration.java:176)
            org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.createDataContext
    (DataContext.java:206)
            org.apache.jsp.Products_jsp._jspService(Products_jsp.java:145)

    As I said I have reverted back to my old project that I archived, but
    am now getting this error from the project that functioned properly.
    Also, as I said, similar but non-JSP code seems to work with no
    problems.

    Second question: is there a singleton solution for accessing the same
    DataContext instance from multiple JSP's?