Re: Prevent of commit

From: Jan Lendholt (jlendhol..otmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 10:29:47 EDT

    Hi Michael, Hi Aristedes,

    thank you very much for your help.

    But, still I've got a conceptual problem:

    I get an object from the "root" DataContext and pass this object to another,
    e.g. method, to use.
    Now the object is already registered in the "root" context and I would like
    to transer it to a child DataContext. That sounds to me a bit intensive on
    the working time spent to create an object and transfer it directly to
    another context.

    Aaaand If i get the object form Context A and put it in nestedContext B, do
    a commit - where is the Object then? Is it belonging to Context A, B or
    both? And if I want to reuse the object of context A which has temporarily
    been moved to context B to be commited separately, is it synchroniously
    updated in context A while it was modified in context B?

    For me it's some kind of hard for I really don't know how to handle the
    different contexts separetaly but keeping the application data consistent.

    Bye, Jan

    >From: "Michael Gentry" <blacknex..mail.com>
    >To: use..ayenne.apache.org
    >Subject: Re: Prevent of commit
    >Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:09:32 -0400
    >
    >On 7/31/07, Jan Lendholt <jlendhol..otmail.com> wrote:
    > > Just one thing: How do we unset/destroy/throw away an unused DataContext
    >/
    > > ChildContext?
    >
    >context = null;
    >
    >That should be all you need.
    >
    >/dev/mrg

    Sie suchen E-Mails, Dokumente oder Fotos? Die neue MSN Suche Toolbar mit
    Windows-Desktopsuche liefert in sekundenschnelle Ergebnisse. Jetzt neu!
    http://desktop.msn.de/ Jetzt gratis downloaden!