Re: Pointers for JPA integration tutorial

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 13:20:38 EDT

    Ok, I found why relationships didn't work - Cayenne enhancer looked
    at the getters/setters for the persistence fields to do enhancement.
    I will be working on fixing this [1], but you can still play with the
    relationships in the meantime (as long as you declare simple getters/
    setters). I just uploaded a new version of the tutorial [2]. Will get
    to work on fixing the enhancer now.

    Does it mean the JPA provider already reached the elusive Alpha?
    Probably not. The criteria for that is vague, but I still feel like
    we need to fix CAY-858 and do some serious testing first.

    [1] https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-858
    [2] http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/tutorial/

    Andrus

    P.S. From the tutorial writing experience... Vanilla JPA feels like a
    step back to me as a user, compared to Cayenne API (What? I need to
    set/unset both sides of relationship by hand? I need to manage
    transactions?)