Re: Postgresql 8.2 and cayenne 2.0.3 - idle connections

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2007 - 12:00:45 EDT

    On 9/10/07, Gilberto C Andrade <gilbertoc..ecad.to.gov.br> wrote:
    > Michael Gentry wrote:
    > > Yeah, that doesn't really surprise me, either. You didn't restart
    > > JBoss, did you?
    >
    > Yes! After that we did an undeploy e deploy of the app.
    > But it didn't matter as you could see!

    You completely terminated the JBoss process and started it anew? (The
    process ID changed?) If that is the case, there is something going on
    with your DB server not releasing connections.

    > >> Other thing shouldn't cayenne "connectionPool" respect the max parameter?
    > And again, we didn't understand why it doesn't respect the max parameter.

    I believe Cayenne is honoring the max connections parameter. I looked
    at that code a few months ago and believe it is OK. I think the issue
    is most likely in the JDBC driver, JBoss, and/or PostgreSQL. I'm just
    not certain where in that stack.

    /dev/mrg