Re:

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 09:24:10 EDT

    Note that until you call 'context.commitChanges()', none of your
    local changes will be saved to DB.

    But I wonder why would the UI modify the objects if it does not
    intend to commit them back to the DB?

    Are you talking about modifying the list, not the objects themselves?
    If so - you can modify the list returned from the query in any way
    you want (reorder, add/remove objects, etc.) - there's no persistence
    implications. But if you got a list from to-many relationship though,
    I would recommend to clone it before modification. E.g.:

    List list = new ArrayList(artist.getPaintings());

    Cheers,
    Andrus