Re: [POLL]: Cayenne 3.0 -- Java 1.4 or 5 support?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 03:12:03 EDT

    On Aug 20, 2007, at 4:32 AM, Gilberto Caetano de Andrade wrote:

    > First I have to say something. It has some time that I have
    > attempted to introduce cayenne here in our department and one of
    > the main arguments that hasimpeded me was the support to the
    > programming with POJO.
    >
    > But in this first project we are not using this option, being still
    > in phase of learning and mainly for this characteristic not
    > available in version 3.
    > But I have to admit, as DBA I find that these characteristics
    > (annotations, POJO, JPA, etc), they do not beat the modeller and
    > the useful technique to avoid overwriting of the custom code.
    >
    > Thanks for your attention!
    >
    > Gilberto.
    >
    > PS.: We will try to switch to Cayenne 2.0.3 and see if the app works.

    Hi Gilberto,

    There is a revived discussion on the dev list about scheduling the
    Java 5 switch to happen after 3.0M2 release (i.e. 3.0M3 will be Java
    5 only). So I wanted to follow up with you on this. If you weren't
    successful in using 2.0.3 in you app (which I hope you were), one
    more possible option is applying retrotranslator to Cayenne jars:

       http://retrotranslator.sourceforge.net/

    Note that I haven't tried this myself, and will be curious to hear
    the results if somebody does.

    Cheers,
    Andrus