Basic ROP questions

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 13:09:53 EDT

    I'm just getting started on a ROP project using Cayenne 3.0. In my server
    classes, I had a large amount of utility methods attached to my DOs.
    Clearly, there's a fair amount of overlap between the server classes and the
    client classes.

    A couple brief questions then follow:

    1) Will modifying the Velocity template to subclass the servers classes help
    reduce the code duplication? Will this even work?

    2) Will packaging either the server or the client classes into distributable
    JARs gain me anything?

    I'll try these out on my own anyway, but before I got too bogged down with
    that, I just wanted to see what's doable and what's not. I haven't looked
    into the finer details of relationships between the server and client
    classes.

    Thanks,
    Kevin