Re: Optimize cascade deletes

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 11:47:41 EDT

    On 22/09/2007, at 12:31 AM, Giulio Cesare Solaroli wrote:

    > When I try to delete an user, all the cascade rules are correctly
    > applied, but the all process takes about 7 minutes for a regular
    > account. This is much more than we can bear for any operation.

    That does seem extraordinary. Can you give us some background:

    * how many records are deleted
    * what version of Cayenne you are using
    * what database are you using
    * can you get a log of the sql being executed and discover what
    precisely is taking so long

    Ari Maniatis

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8