Re: More on Callbacks!

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2007 - 02:48:23 EDT

    We followed JPA spec and implemented PRE_PERSIST to be called when a
    new object is registered with the context (i.e. prior to
    'commitChanges'). So you you are right - there is no callback for the
    new objects right before 'commit'.

    I suspect there are cases when this is not sufficient (i.e. when you
    need to change object state based on some other objects state that is
    only available on commit)... BTW, could you describe your scenario
    when you need such callback? Maybe there are other ways around.

    Also as a temporary workaround you can use the old "callback"
    CayenneDataObject.validateForInsert()

    Andrus