Trying out the ROP tutorial but stuck on Maven

From: Tarik Cherkaoui (cherta..mail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 17:16:57 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm trying out Cayenne to use on a project and I got the persistence API to
    run fine, but ROP is giving me some headache. I am using version 3.0 of
    Cayenne, and when I try to run maven, it complains about missing
    dependencies that cannot be found in any of the repositories. I am using
    the latest maven (2.0.7). I am not super familiar with Maven. I feel like
    I am missing something basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers
    Tarik

    [INFO]
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO]

    Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin

    Reason: POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin' not found in
    repo
    sitory: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

      org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:pom:2.0-ALPHA-1-SNAPSHOT

    from the specified remote repositories:
      mergere (http://repo.mergere.com/maven2),
      apache-snapshot-repo (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
    ),
      apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/),
      central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
     for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin

    [INFO]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
    [INFO] Finished at: Sun Oct 21 17:12:37 EDT 2007
    [INFO] Final Memory: 5M/9M
    [INFO]