Delete rules

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2007 - 16:35:10 EDT

    Howdy.

    I've just run into an issue with some of my cascading delete rules. Trying
    to reproduce the problem has been difficult because the ordering seems to be
    non-deterministic. Looking at the source, it looks like the delete
    operations are stored in a Map that has no internal ordering of the keyset.

    DataContextDeleteAction#deleteNew() and
    DataContextDeleteAction#deletePersistent() also process the delete rules in
    a different order. As it turns out, it may not matter much.

    Is this assessment accurate? If so, we probably should always process
    delete rules first, then the current node, using a DFS to handle the
    creation of the delete queries. If the assessment is not accurate, any help
    in understanding what may cause spurious issues with cascading deletes would
    be appreciated.

    --
    Thanks,
    Kevin