Re: Persistent+ObjAttribute -> value

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 08:29:22 EDT

    On Oct 26, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Tore Halset wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I am not so used to the Persistent interface. How can I get the
    > value for a given ObjAttribute in a Persistent object? If the
    > Persistent is a DataObject I could use readProperty.
    >
    > Regards,
    > - Tore.

    Yes, there's no common superclass accessors. Instead Cayenne
    internally uses ClassDescriptor to access properties. Users can do too:

    ClassDescriptor d = context.getEntityResolver().getClassDescriptor
    ("MyEntity");
    Property p = d.getProperty("myProperty");
    Object value = p.readProperty(myObject);

    Also ClassDescriptor has visitor methods to traverse all class
    properties.

    Andrus