Re: localObject vs prefetches: would there be a benefit ?

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 09:55:30 EST

    I think his question is really about the speed of resolving faults. That
    doesn't really change anything, however. If the object is cached, the
    resolved fault will pull from cache. Otherwise, it will only pull the
    necessary object out of the DB.

    Now, it is possible for this to degrade under the right conditions, but I'm
    having a hard time envisioning them. Particularly because if you're using
    localObject(), you really should be using shared caches. If not, you're
    going to see some pretty strange behavior and I would not recommend it all.

    --
    Kevin