Re: Cayenne and Axis 2

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2007 - 23:07:15 EST

    On 24/11/2007, at 1:56 PM, Richie Alford wrote:

    > How does Cayenne work with Axis 2? Can you deploy web services in
    > Axis 2 that use Cayenne as the ORM framework? If so, can you provide
    > me with an overview of how you deploy this? Or does Cayenne have its
    > own web service engine?

    Please just post to one list, not both. The user list is appropriate
    here.

    What is it you are wanting to do with Axis? If you are trying to
    create a three tier structure, then read up about ROP and Cayenne's
    integration with Hessian (which is a bit like SOAP only simpler,
    faster and easier to use).

    Otherwise, it is pretty simple to copy the data you want between
    Cayenne objects which persist to a database and your SOAP entities
    which you transport with Axis. I think they will need to be separate
    classes since they have their own different super classes, although
    I've only used Axis 1, not 2.

    Ari Maniatis

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001