relationship query and entity qualifier

From: Marcin Skladaniec (marci..sh.com.au)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2007 - 19:45:41 EST

    Hi

    I have problems with entity qualifier and relationships. I defined
    "isDeleted" column in few tables, and when the record is deleted is
    not really removed from the database. In cayenne modeller I specified
    a entity qualifier to not include those deleted objects in any query,
    but I found that it does not always work:

    For one to many relation:
    - entity qualifier works well when going "to many"
    - entity qualifier does not work when going "to one"
    For one to one relations it does not work at all.

    I know that I could simply delete the relationship, but the goal is to
    avoid orphaned objects, and keep the history.

    Is it a bug in cayenne, or a desired behaviour ?

    With regards
    Marcin