Re: Cayenne 3.0M2 for Production

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 17:25:26 EST

    Yeah... Previously existing API that was not marked for deprecation
    should remain fairly stable. Runtime, while undergoing a number of
    changes, is still production quality. I am using it on a very active
    live site...

    Essentially the biggest risk is that the _new_ API introduced during
    3.0 development cycle is not extensively tested just yet, and will be
    changing. So upgrades between milestones may not be just jar
    replacement. Here is one example - lifecycle callbacks. M3 will
    introduce CayenneModeler support for callbacks for the first time, but
    will also have changes to the manual callback API (using enums instead
    of int callback types).

    Andrus