Ghost/Dupplicated persistent objects

From: Jean-François Smigielski (jf.smigielsk..mail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2007 - 08:40:29 EST

    Hello, list!
    I meet little harmless problems. Please, let me explain.

    The context: I use Cayenne 3.0M1 in a Tomcat 6.0.14 server, in a set of
    servlets that edit graphs : add/delete/update vertexes objects and
    add/delete/update edges objects. Then, a last servlet builds graphs images
    with the JUNG (http://jung.sourceforge.net) API.

    The first problem appears when edges are deleted. Then, the deleted edge
    still appears in the graph until I restart the Tomcat server. I guess it
    comes from a cached object in a dataContext. But I am not totally sure it
    does not come from a misuse of JUNG. All the servlets are inherited from the
    same class, that provides a protected DataContext field initiated with "
    DataContext.*createDataContext*(*true*);". *I am sure I felt on a newbie
    gotcha, so is there any particular configuration parameter to check*?

    The second problem happens less often, when graphs are rendered (I am not
    able to reproduce it at the moment) : edges sometimes appear twice. Even if
    it seems to be a misuse of JUNG, I tell it here because for each persistent
    object's class (vertees and edges), I overwrote the methods "int hashCode()"
    and the "boolean equals(Object o)" like this : "getObjectId().hashCode()"
    and "getObjectId().equals(((CayenneDataObject)o).getObjectid())". *I would
    be sure this should always work*.

    These problems aren't maybe relevant to my use of Cayenne, but I think so.

    Thank you for your help, or at least, to have read this mail until here :)

    Best regards,

    --
    JF Smigielski