RE: CayenneContext thread safe?

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 09:50:14 EST

    Looking in more detail, the problem is with the graphAction field in
    CayenneContext. There's a note about it being thread safe, so my guess
    is that it's just a bad assumption about when the ThreadLocal value
    (arcChangeInProgress) is available.

    --
    Kevin

    -----Original Message----- From: Kevin Menard [mailto:kmenar..ervprise.com] Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 9:14 AM To: use..ayenne.apache.org Subject: CayenneContext thread safe?

    Is CayenneContext thread safe? I'm not trying to any sort of concurrent access with it, but I am passing it around via HttpSession, so it's being accessed by whatever thread the servlet happens to be executing in. I'm running into issues with ThreadLocal values being null and am wondering if it's a local bug or if I'm just trying to use CayenneContext for something which it was not designed.

    Thanks, Kevin