AESPasswordEncoder

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2007 - 10:31:45 EST

    If you are in a country that supports the Java encryption option and
    want a stronger password encryption option for storing your passwords
    with Cayenne Modeler (3.0 feature), I have placed an example AES
    encoder at:

    http://homepage.mac.com/blacknext/

    Add AESPasswordEncoder.java to a project somewhere (or compile it as a
    separate project), changing the package if needed, then make sure
    Cayenne Modeler can see it (Preferences -> ClassPath). You may need
    to restart the modeler (I seemed to need to do that before for the
    class path change to be picked up). Then edit your DataNode and for
    the encoder, type in the full path to the class, something like
    examples.cayenne.encoder.AESPasswordEncoder and enter a password key
    (currently labeled "Salt") that will be used to encrypt and decrypt
    the password. For AES, the key should be 16 characters in length, but
    the example will make it 16 if you don't enter enough.

    Hope that helps someone. I'll try to document this better soon.

    /dev/mrg

    PS. Cayenne doesn't ship with real encryption encoders, so if you
    want/need this feature, you have to provide your own encoder like the
    example one.
    PPS. This will only encrypt the database password and nothing else.