Selective commit

From: Álvaro Martínez (alvaro_martine..tbsl.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2008 - 07:44:06 EST

    Hi, I've been working for a while with Cayenne but never realized I had
    a problem... until I got a weird exception.

    The fact is that I had been using context.newObject() and
    context.commitChanges() to create new rows in the database. But my
    application works with many threads, so global commits can (and in fact
    do) interrupt normal creation of objects. Thread A and Thread B are
    creating objects and filling their fields, but then B commits all and A
    throws a validation exception because mandatory fields are missing.

    How could I commit only one object?

    Thanks,

    Álvaro from Spain (Push the button Inc.)