Re: CayenneRuntimeException: Can't find id

From: Daniel Kvasnička jr. (daniel.kvasnicka.j..mail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 06:54:18 EST

    On Jan 16, 2008 10:59 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On Jan 16, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Daniel Kvasnička jr. wrote:
    >
    > > What troubles me now is that paginated query still retrieves
    > > EVERYTHING :(
    > > The manual says Cayenne will retrieve only PKs, but the code I posted
    > > before results in:
    >
    > Actually it still does the right thing - it fetches all objects, but
    > reads only ids of objects from the ResultSet beyond page 1.

    Well, but how scalable is this? If I understand it well, when I have
    1000 articles in my DB, cayenne 2.0.x will FULLY query for ALL of the
    1000 articles on EVERY page change, but will take only PKs from the
    result rows beyond 1st page? This seems to me like a pretty extreme db
    server load case.... If I imagine having a portal with thousands of
    people per day browsing through articles... In success stories, there
    are some companies that manage pretty big dbs with cayenne, how do
    they manage these tables with paginated queries? Or am I missing
    smthing?

    Dan

    --
    http://www.danielkvasnicka.net -- webdesign & corporate design,
    programování internetových a intranetových aplikací