Re: Interoperability with ExtJS

From: Daniel Kvasnička jr. (daniel.kvasnicka.j..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 02:39:16 EST

    Hi Joe,

    not exactly what you're asking for, but my experiences... As regards
    one-directional AJAX (server -> client), I use Cayenne with Adobe
    Spry's (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/home.html) XML
    DataSets and I've been very happy with this combination so far.
    Cayenne's suport for XML serializarion is a big plus for that. I
    studied Ext for a while, but stayed with Spry, as it is more low-level
    and allows me to play with it more. Moreover, I like their idea of
    using custom XML namespaces on the client side instead of writing a
    lot of JS. I've written a JSP tag for that and now creating a new
    paginated AJAX-enabled list of records with deleting capabilities
    means writing one tag for me (as for the client side, and no editing).

    As for the other direction (e.g. ajax command to delete a row), I'm
    using jQuery and the plugin that integrates Taconite with it. I like
    Taconite's principle a lot. We've used DWR at work (not with cayenne)
    and I've been quite amazed, but for now I don't use it (maybe again
    because Taconite shields me from JS most of the time).

    Dan

    --
    http://www.danielkvasnicka.net -- webdesign & corporate design,
    programování internetových a intranetových aplikací