Re: questions

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 15:54:11 EST

    On Feb 13, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > I've been trying to get the channel going, but most people prefer
    > the email
    > list.

    There is a reason for that. All of us are volunteers, none of us work
    for the same company and many are in different time zones. The only
    way to get an inclusive discussion and for the free support to work
    *consistently* is to do it *asynchronously* and maintain the archive.
    Hence the mailing list.

    IRC is fine as long as the users understand that there is still a much
    better chance for them to get consistent help on the mailing list. I
    am not surprised that many would prefer to avoid subscribing, but I
    don't see how that could scale for the reasons above.

    Andrus