Imports

From: Malcolm Edgar (malcolm.edga..mail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2008 - 22:07:53 EST

    Hi All,

    We had an issue a while ago where we were performing an large XML
    import into a database using Cayenne.

    What we wanted to do was to insert data, as we parsed the XML, because
    in latter code we wanted to perform SQL queries to determine the
    existence of records. The import was not into an empty database, and
    we had to do matching against previous records.

    Once the entire import is completed we then want to commit or rollback.

    The issue we encountered with Cayenne is that to insert a record we
    had to perform a commit, where we reallly only wanted to commit at the
    end of the import.

    Is there a way in Cayenne, possibly using Transactions, that we can
    perform this import, do inserts and queries against the transaction
    and only commit/rollback at the end?

    regards Malcolm Edgar