Re: How to migrate from Hibernate to Cayenne?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 15:02:35 EST

    AFAIK no such thing exists as of now. Not sure about others, but
    luckily I was spared from any such migrations. Would be nice if
    somebody with a real experience could document what they needed to do.

    My guess on the high level approach would be to start with reverse
    engineering the DB schema, and generating Cayenne superclasses with
    Hibernate current classes mapped as subclasses. And then fix the API
    calls manually. But I am sure there are quirks for non-flat mapping
    scenarios (inheritance and such). Also you may need to rethink some
    app concepts... E.g. Cayenne doesn't force transactions on you unless
    you *must* have them... things like that.

    Andrus

    P.S. When I was about to hit "send", I noticed a message from Scott
    Anderson, based on the same idea.