RE: How to migrate from Hibernate to Cayenne?

From: Thomas Bernhard (tbernhar..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 16:05:56 EST

    Scott A wrote:

    > Take a look at the Cayenne Modeler; there is a feature to "Reengineer
    > Database Schema" on the tools menu. You may be unable to do this with
    > standard user-level permissions, depending on your database type and
    > configuration. Then you'll be able to generate the POJOs which should
    > resemble quite closely your hibernate POJOs.

    I'm aware of CM and the reengineer feature, but unfortunately it does only a
    small part of the work.

    When the Hibernate applciation was made, it was mostly "generated" with
    Hibernate Synchronizer.
    It has generated not only the POJOs but the DAOs and default queries for the
    entire model too (and composite PKs too) - all these without tweaking
    directly from the config files (generated form the DB with middlegen) with
    just a few clicks.

    CM however doesn't seem to have these "advanced" generation features :(.
    Is the default "way" in Cayenne to do these manually?

    Thank you,

    Tom.